Initial Strategy For Business During Covid-19
With significant business interruption anticipated over the coming weeks, we've put together an initial strategy for our clients which might be helpful for businesses in general.
We have prepared the information below in relation to digital marketing over the coming period, we appreciate for many clients there are bigger hurdles to overcome but for those thinking ahead, there does need to be a planned strategy and potential swift uplift after interruption.
Covid-19 Marketing & Communication
It is clear that certain parts of the population will be spending more time at home than normal, from children and students, professionals able to work at home and of course the older and more affluent demographic.
Working on the closest and most similar marketing period we have, that of Christmas to New Year, we should expect online traffic increases and a significant increase in digital marketing material consumption in many sectors.
With people stuck at home with family, they will spend more time considering future activities, plans and purchases. And with the Covid-19 period coinciding with our approach into spring/summer, there may well be emphasis on outdoor activities.
- Be clear, honest and open about your working practices over this time, to provide reassurance and also to manage expectations. If someone contacts you, explain when and how they can expect a response. At the same time, do not elevate or overstate concerns; a message of “business as usual” as much as possible. If there is interruption to business, calmly communicate this and offer teasers for the future.
- Keep everything up to date, with more traffic browsing, dreaming and searching online it is even more important than normal that home pages, catalogues, promotions and marketing messages up to date. Again, reassuring messages and teasers to get interaction with potential customers.
- Remember that visitors and enquiries today are the customers of tomorrow and this means we need to be able to use these contacts. Increasing online touch points such as register, enquire, talk to us and lead generation will help restore business levels post Covid-19 and coronavirus. For many clients, these are already in place, but we can help to facilitate these, as well as install live online chat to maintain communication and show you are there.
- Highlight that your business is able to deliver goods, support or advice during this period and that you are open and working, within the guidelines issued. Sensible promotion of what you can do is important, it is likely we will need to work with you on longer term messages at some points, especially relating to social media.
- Use the time to progress pipeline projects. Many projects facilitated by us or other agencies require your input, content, media and support - This is a prime opportunity if you do have additional time to make significant leaps forward, as well as ensure that business resumes more strongly.
Clearly the current situation is unpredictable and dynamic, potentially affecting different people, businesses and clients in differing ways, and for this reason we can help to put together an action plan based on differing scenarios, so that your business can maintain focus and direction throughout.